Interior lighting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Okay, so I've got this issue where my dome light will not come on if the driver side doors open up. If you open the passenger side doors, they will come on. I'm just confused as to why they only work on one side of the truck. Is it a relay somewhere, or maybe a fuse? Help me out here guys!

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can't think of the name but you might have I believe a bad door sensor thingy, sorry cant think of the name

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I can't think of the name but you might have I believe a bad door sensor thingy, sorry cant think of the name

I had thought of that as well, but I just cant believe that both of them went out on just one side of the truck at the same time.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had thought of that as well, but I just cant believe that both of them went out on just one side of the truck at the same time.

Yea not sure you might have a bad connection somewhere but I doubt that, hmmm you really got me stumped, check your fuses because there was 2 for my trucks interior lights and when went out I replaced one and didn't realize there was 2

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Yea not sure you might have a bad connection somewhere but I doubt that, hmmm you really got me stumped, check your fuses because there was 2 for my trucks interior lights and when went out I replaced one and didn't realize there was 2

Alright, I'll toy around with the fuses tomorrow. I wonder if there's any way to check those little switch things that trigger the lights. hmm

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea see if your even getting a current in the wires, check and see and that might help

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea man our family got one of the new 2011 650 max(2seater) and we have hit some serious trails with this thing no problem, som e of the lifted guys get stuck an we don't but that also might play into the fact that I've rode things with 4 wheels I the mud all my life lol

And yea check the voltage and see what's up

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Yea man our family got one of the new 2011 650 max(2seater) and we have hit some serious trails with this thing no problem, som e of the lifted guys get stuck an we don't but that also might play into the fact that I've rode things with 4 wheels I the mud all my life lol

And yea check the voltage and see what's up

Oh yeah can am makes awesome quads. Our renegade is just all around awesome, it can ride trails perfectly, outrun almost everything out there, and it just looks badass.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So did you figure it out?

I know when I cut the wire in behind the door panel to delete the door chime, now when I open the drivers side the light wont come on automatically only the passenger side where I didnt cut the wire

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I checked all the fuses, I don't want to go and take the door panel off and screw it up just yet. It's weird because, my seatbelt chime and open door chimes don't work. The door chimes only work on the passenger side as well.