Ram Homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carealot7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

Has anyone ever installed a home link visor in their truck? If so, from what car or truck did you get it? I'm looking to put one in my 2008 1500.

Thanks

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im curious about this also, was thinking about doing the same thing

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can wire one up yourself without putting it there. I've seen it done a million times in the motorcycle world.

1) Buy an extra garage opener that will work with your garage opener. Program it to your opener (so it is learned to it)

2) Take apart the opener, replace button with a button from radioshack. Drill the button into the kick panel below the steering wheel. If you want to go trick, hide the opener under the hood, and run a harness into the cab for your button, so the antenna isn't' behind the firewall.

3) wire battery to a 12V Ignitioned source (you will need an appropriate resistor to drop it to the same V as the battery). Be sure it is behind the ignition so, people can't open your garage without the truck running.

Homelink, much easier.