100,000 Mile Maintenance Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new here on the Dodge Ram Forums and I have a 2006 Dodge Ram Hemi with 95,000 miles. I am going to spread out my 100,000 mile maintenance over the next three service intervals to keep the sticker shock of everything down, here is my to do list...

Spark Plugs
Engine Decarb
Throttle Body Cleaning
Shocks
Brake fluid flush
Power Steering fluid flush
Rear end oil change
Transmission Service
Cooling Hose out with flush

Any specific advice for any of the following items? I know I am way passed due on the plugs since they have a 30,000 mile interval and I have never changed mine. My truck is completely stock so there is not anything real special about it.

If you were going to break this list into 3 small lists equal in cost and time, what would those lists look like?

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
A lot of this stuff you can do yourself, its really simple... they have threads on here specifically for some, and that will help keep the cost way down

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
List looks good. Should consider going into the front of the Motor and change the Timing Chain Tensioner as it is made of plastic and wears out and will give you another 100K Miles. Just something to Consider when doing the coolant Flush. The Timing Gasket is re-usable and you can leave the water pump attached to it and pull it all off. The Chain tensioner is 16 Bucks at rock-Auto and you can learn about the front end of the motor.
Mechanic rates are 100 bucks an hour in Canada so everything you do yourself pays for more parts and or any special tools you will need. Have Fun and Welcome to RF.

P.S. Careful on the brake fluid flush as the bleeder screws are known to break off, soak them good with Penetrator a day before you do the job, will save you from buying a new caliper or having to drill out for an oversized repair screw kit.
Danny

OP
OP
R

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the tips, I do plan on doing this all myself so that should save me a good amount right there. I will have to look into this timing chain tensioner

OP
OP
R

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, and does anybody have any recommendations for shocks? It's just a stock 2wd but I don't want a real bouncy ride.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
R

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
another quick question, i plan on decarbing with sea foam. where is the best place to introduce it? i was thinking the brake booster line if it will reach all the cylinders from there

Bscanlon64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any further info on this tensioner? Very interested.

OP
OP
R

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the brake booster hose the best option for introducing sea foam into the intake for a decarb???

2006 1500 Hemi

Sent from my iPhone