4.7 fuse box disassembly???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hi all, new to rf, I have a 02 47 1500 and I'm going to replace the fuse box but need to get the box itself disassembled, anyone know how to do that before I break it into a million pieces cause I've never had to take one appart but do now thanks to the great minds at Daimler that decided to put all electricals in engine compartment to get corroded from the people that live humid salty conditions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
I would not mess you might cause more problems than you can bargain for.Take out each fuse one at a time and see if there is any corrison on it.Make darn sure the battery is disconnected .Get you some dielectric grease and apply alittle on each fuse to keep moisture out of there.But I would not take that fuse box apart.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hey fastf, thanks for all the info man, I'm just wondering what it looks like inside of it, I have a new one on order but don't want to break old one incase I can fix it for a spare you know. I live in horrible humidity in summers and horrible salty roads in winter so I have a feeling this will happen again. I will do everything I can to keep the corrosion off by loading it up with dielectric and anti corrosion spray but it is inevitable with weather here.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm here in central Georgia I would becareful when messing with it because your wiring harness goes to everything so take care and God Bless.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
My sister lives 20 min from Savannah, hot and humid, so you definitely have one of the bad climates for these trucks. Have any corrosion issues on yours?

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No not yet the truck came out of south Carolina so really haven't had much wrong with just the dummy screwing with the supention and it trowing a cold saying idling to high run me nuts .My code reader kept telling I replaced the Iac valve checked everything clear the computer a few days later same thing again said to check the power stearing pump pressure relief sensor theres not one .So I checked more on the net someone wrote he had the same problem it was the cap on the pump.He replaced the cap so I went to cap and cleaned around the cap and put back on hasn't gave me a code since.That was two months ago I had that stumbling think it was the air sensor in the intake resonator I took the one out of the duel cold air intake so far so good it runs better.