ac vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im stumped guys, when I turn my a/c all the way up I get a horrid vibration, not sure what it is. Mostly on the passenger side. When Swapping out my dash speakers I did drop a screw down into the dash and I couldn't find it anywhere. Like 50% I dont here it, but I have cold air. At full blast I can here it loud and clear

is it possible that the screw could have fallen in the ac?

ima go take a video for yall

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmmmmmm i have no clue but bump for someone who may

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Could it have dropped into the defroster on top of the dash next to those speakers?

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am new to these trucks still but i know on my older rides, the main cause of that would be the blower motor. I changed a bunch of them on older chevy's I had. The fan on the motor would warp over time and begin vibrating. Especially if they were the original equipment. On lower speeds, you would not feel it too much but as soon as you kicked it into high, the vibration started. Just some fiendly FYI to look for. :) Good luck!

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No updates, Im going to turn it on later and feel around till I can isolate the vibration.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
By chance does it change with switching the direction? I know the trucks have blend door issues and the pass side is where that is. The 05 needed its replaced last year.

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
Blower that's the first Stage of death lol mine did the same and got worse not only works at full blast and is louder than the exhaust lol