Heat/AC Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricey244

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having an issue with my 2014 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the 5.7. I've replaced (2) out of the (4) actuators behind the dash (recirc and feet/defrost) and I just recently replaced the control knob cluster out of a wrecked 2018 RAM 1500. Worked when I tested it prior to removal. But now I'm having the same problem. The 'location' control knob seems to not work. I can turn the knob and it won't change where the air is blowing. It almost defaults to the feet everytime. Once in a blue moon it will be defrost (almost every time I don't need it to be defrost). But I'm looking for some guidance.

I did replace the actuator that controls the feet/defrost with a OEM parts, but the other one was not replaced with OEM. It almost seems like a programming issue or like the control knob electronics get zapped or something. Anyone have this issue before and fix it for the long term?