Bypass Cat Converter(s)-Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike OD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*2007 Ram 1500 4.7, Dual in single out exhaust from manifold*

Converters are bad and can't afford to replace. Just gunna say F it and bypass them for time being. What are you guys thoughts on it? Have you done it? Fuel mileage effects? Long/short term engine effects?

I'm going to "clean them" out and then just reattach the pipes for show that the converters are still there. Idc about emissions or that junk and it doesn't affect me bc of where I live. Just looking for opinions and input!

Thanks a lot in advance!

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you will throw a code, so you might need a tuner to make the computer think everything is ok.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I think you will throw a code, so you might need a tuner to make the computer think everything is ok.
And for the cost of a tuner you can buy a new CAT.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And for the cost of a tuner you can buy a new CAT.

:roflsquared:

OP There are cheaper cats (high flow cats) that might be more affordable for you.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id get a high flow before I removed one. Kenne Bell did a test with a bunch of 800+hp cars, removing the factory cats and picked up negligible power. On a 300hp truck you have nothing to gain except a horrible smell. Get an aftermarket high flow and be done with it.