cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Looking at a s&b and airaid. Can I get any input for what you guys have. I used to run k&n but didn't like how it was.

OP
OP
feldman28

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I was going to go with vararam but till I head the reviews. I have a k&n drop in don't know if I like it. So far the s&b reviews are the best. I just want best all around performance that works .

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an s&b and I love it. The build quality on them is great. They're very solid and everything actually bolts together. The only thing they could improve is the fitment of the plexiglass window, but that's pretty minor.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Airaid, I think it just makes it sound better, doubt it really opens up all that much other than getting rid of the silencer.

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the S& , didn't notice any performance gains. Go with the vararam.

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Ive had the AEm brute Force CAI, Mopar CAI, K&N, and the vararam..Vararam hands down is the best performer. I have tracked all my intakes, and drive my truck almost daily, the Vararam or Ramhammer akaBFI are the hands down best CAI period for the 3rd gen Hemi Ram

OP
OP
feldman28

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I was already to buy the vararam but after the reviews saying it was cheap plastic and it sagging after few weeks. I live in wny we get alot of snow . I dk if that will affect it or not. I used to run k&n in my yota but it always gummed up the tb and mass flow sensor.

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
I'm fron NJ, and was stationed in Dc area we got a lot of snow, and i drove in it all the time, nothing to worry about. As far as it sagging sounds like user error on install. Had mine on for about 3 years no issue

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What about for Off road driving?

I would like the Vararam, but it looks like its gets its air from under the bumper?
I emailed Moe's Performance for help but never got a reply?

Edit*
I should note, that I may change my bumper for a more off roading/winching verity in the future.

OP
OP
feldman28

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I don't go offroading. Most it sees is when I pull in to work dirt parken lot. Or to my tree stand

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Any of the the fender intakes will do for offroading, the vararam not so much as it pulls air from the cebter of the bumper. When I ran my Mopar CAI I ran it with the Airram scoop that redirects the air, and havd drove thru water that splashed over the hood, pop the hood filter is dry

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I live on long island and although we dont get nearly as much snowfall as you, we got pretty beat up this winter. My S&B had absolutely no problems at all. Rarely ill hit a mud puddle and i have no worries because its a closed box. The open intakes arent really true CAIs because they are taking in heat soaked are due to being directly exposed to the engine. I highly recommend the S&B