Can anyone help with stalling?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickdb87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Just recently my truck has been making a terrible noise. It almost sounds like a grinding noise or possibly the sound of a vacuum not getting correct suction. Since this noise I've driven it twice and it seems that when I go over a certain speed it is not as noticeable. The problem is when the truck is just sitting there the idle is way off an the rpms fluctuate like crazy going from 3.5 down to 0.5 just before the 0 and sometimes it just flat out stalls. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and also would I be better off taking it to a mechanic or could this be a somewhat simple fix. Thanks for any info

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a CEL? First thing I'd do is check for codes.

OP
OP
N

Nickdb87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
There's no check engine light on that's why I'm so confused as to why this is happening

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
iac (idle air control valve) my be bad. Replace it and see if it correct the problem.

OP
OP
N

Nickdb87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Ya I was thinking iac because that was the problem on my old ranger which had similar symptoms. But there was never such a bad noise like I'm getting now