Can Predetor2 tuner turn off rear O2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JNemec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Kooks LT headers and Catted Y-pipe. It is my understanding that this is the only LT headers available that will bolt up with minimal modification AND utilize cats. We do have random mirror inspection here in Oregon, so I will be keeping the cats.

Kooks has 2 different options on the cats, the High-Flow Racing Cats, or the "Green Cats". Kooks says that the green cats will not set off the CEL, but they are $600 more expensive.

I have heard of a number of folks indicating that they turn off the rear O2 sensors with a Diablo tuner, and so my basic question is this: Which tuners have this capability? And of those, which would you recommend for someone with very little tuning knowledge?

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A diablo itself cannot shut off the rear O2. They are an interface used to upload custom tunes however. I don't think the predators can even upload tunes. The trinity might have the ability if you download their tuning software, but I believe you still need someone like jay green to send you a catless tune.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The Predator can upload tunes sent to you by email.

The sensors can't be turned off with canned tunes loaded by the OEM but you can get a custom tune that can.