Cold Start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey, guys

I have a 07 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi. I'm starting to take notice that my truck is taking a couple extra seconds to start up at cold start. regardless of time, or weather, I do live in Texas, but if the truck sits over a period of time, it does take those extra second/s to turn over. like when I'm leaving work or going to and the truck has sat all day or over night, it will do it. but if I drive it to a store, cut it off and turn it back on it's fine.

Has anyone had this issue or have any idea what this couple be??

I will say, it does have a brand new battery and a brand new fuel pump that's about two months old. I changed out all 8 injectors about a year ago as well. What else couple I check that could be related to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the issue start when the fuel pump was replaced? Sometimes if the hoses aren't connected back up fully tight it can cause the pressure to slowly leak out of the fuel system, basically making it lose its prime. There could also be a small crack in the fuel line near the pump.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sounds like fuel pressure issue. It's got a leak maybe somewhere when it sits, the pressure goes down.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
You need to do a fuel pressure bleed down test with a fuel pressure tester.What would like to know is your engine 4.7 or it a 5.7 hemi the reason your profile says 4.7 and you said it was a hemi.Any how you need to get a pressure test and see if you have a small leak.

Last edited:
OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
No, this issue just stared happening. Now if I have any lose or cracked hoses wouldn't I be able to smell the gas or see it on the ground?

Did the issue start when the fuel pump was replaced? Sometimes if the hoses aren't connected back up fully tight it can cause the pressure to slowly leak out of the fuel system, basically making it lose its prime. There could also be a small crack in the fuel line near the pump.

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks everyone for all the advice!

Sorry for the confusion, I haven't been on this site in awhile. I started this profile when I had a 02 4.7L. I now have a 07 5.7L hemi and plan on updating.

Potentially having a fuel pressure leak, is that something that just occurs? By having a leak, I would smell and see gas on the ground right? I don't smell or see any leaks!

You need to do a fuel pressure bleed down test with a fuel pressure tester.What would like to know is your engine 4.7 or it a 5.7 hemi the reason your profile says 4.7 and you said it was a hemi.Any how you need to get a pressure test and see if you have a small leak.