Dodge Ram 5.7L V8 4x4 (wont start during hot weather)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7L V8
I am having a problem during the hot days the truck wont start but early in morning the truck fires right up. i took it to shop they said it was ignition switch replaced it, went about a month and started doing it again. only happends during the hot weather days. just trying to get some other opinions before i try other things.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the same problem. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, camshaft sensor and coils. Problem still exists

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I am having a problem during the hot days the truck wont start but early in morning the truck fires right up. i took it to shop they said it was ignition switch replaced it, went about a month and started doing it again. only happends during the hot weather days. just trying to get some other opinions before i try other things.

Replace your iat sensor and map sensor, both are cheap enough to eliminate cause.