Fastman throttle body standard mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got my tb ported.i was expecting some type of gain either some hp or torque.
I feel my truck slower. I use to chirp my tires 1st to 2nd. Now I feel the truck kinda sluggish.
I would say leave you stock tb alone save your money.

truck idles rough on park.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
A TB is a supporting mod. It's most likely not going to make a noticeable difference in HP or TQ.

As for the rough idle, I would make sure it's plugged all the way in as that may be your problem.

One last thing. I see in your signature you have a TB spacer. Those do nothing for you at all. It's just a paper weight in our trucks. Doesn't hurt to have it there but it's not helping either.

Hemi8073

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure it's plugged all these in and reset your computer after install. And also make sure there is not a vacuum leak from not having it torqued properly. Maybe the gasket is off just a little bit. My fastman oversized 84mm did great and idles like a dream with cam/heads/3400 stall

Hemi8073

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also try grounding your TB to the negative post of your battery with a 10 or 12 gauge wire from one of your TB bolts to clear up the poor signal these trucks have from the TB to the computer. Helped mine and others

OP
OP
Dannyhemi

Dannyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hemi8073 so just run a wire from one of four screws of the tb to the neg. Battery?

OP
OP
Dannyhemi

Dannyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was really looking for some type of hp or tq gains. If I would of known I wasnt going to gain anything would of stayed with the stock tb. I took off the tb spacer a while ago .

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am running the Modern Muscle 87MM Throttle Body, it works great and has made my truck run smoother, and I have an increase in power. I too think this is one of those mods that needs to be complemented with other mods. It is part of the package, of needed mods, for increased performance.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it a brand new TB or did you buy it second hand. Years ago Dan use to put a "knife edge" on the throttle blade. This gave some people idle/surging issues. My Fastman TB has the "knife edge" and idles just fine.

OP
OP
Dannyhemi

Dannyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It was my stock tb. Never had any problems whatsover, shut down twice on me, idles rough when starting engine, on 2nd gear it stays stuck/open like if im still hold down the gas.