need help. Computer keeps resetting itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So today after washing my truck I took a ride over to my buddies house. We were going for a ride and when I went to start my truck all I heard was a click and the lights flashed and then went off.. It did this 3 times and then it started up just fine.

My clock reset to 12:00 and so I put it to the correct time and thought everything was good. But I could tell that my tune must have gotten erased so I re installed it and after I did that, the emergency brake and ABS light stayed on. I drove it and after about 100ft it went off. So I put it back in the driveway and when I started it again, same thing the clock went back to 12. Installed the tune again when I got home and I remember the headlights went on and then off again and I dont every remember that happening when installing the tune.

Start the truck again and the same ABS and Ebrake lights stay on and the clock is back at 12. I just looked at the fuses and I could not find one that was shot.

Could it be my battery? Currently it starts up fine but maybe its getting weak? Maybe I missed a fuse? This is really bothering the crap out of me and I wont sleep until I figure it out.

I could really use some input and see what all of you think. I am not sure what else to check. I really want to replace the battery because I am not sure how old it is. It may be the original.

I am usually good at diagnosing things but when it comes to electrical things I still have a lot to learn

Thanks for the future input I hope you all can help me with the problem

Last edited:

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You will soon find out dodges Electrical System is not Normal LOL All The CAN BUS Negative Triggered Crap If You Washed Under Hood Maybe Water Just got In Where It Shoud not have gotten if so maybe it will dry out

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I won't call this common but it is the symptom associated with bad or missing ground. I would clean the terminals, check the ground wire from the battery to chassis. Check ground wires from the heads to chassis and possibly run a new ground wire from the PCM body to a head, to Throttle body and then to chassis ground. Tieing them all together often helps. Look for broken, missing wires and corrosion. Good luck..

OP
OP
M

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm going to try and look under and see if I can find any loose wires. Like I said electrical aspects are not my strong point and I am slowly learning. From what I been reading online I agree with you guys and thing it is a ground issue. I am just not sure why it acts up when I try installing my tune. I really hope I can find the problem

Btw does my time erase if the computer resets? And the time on the dash resets does that mean the computer resets?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I'm going to try and look under and see if I can find any loose wires. Like I said electrical aspects are not my strong point and I am slowly learning. From what I been reading online I agree with you guys and thing it is a ground issue. I am just not sure why it acts up when I try installing my tune. I really hope I can find the problem

Btw does my time erase if the computer resets? And the time on the dash resets does that mean the computer resets?

If the clock resets it means that power was interrupted.