No injector pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the story on the truck... 2006 1500 QC 2wd with the 4.7. bought it off a friend who manages to have a slight engine fire. I had to replace the intake manifold, throttle body, engine harness, , front section of the fuel line,body harness, tipcm, and alternator. Will turn over and try to crank but the injectors aren't pulsing. Getting solid fuel pressure that is at 56-58psi. Before I replaced the front section of the fuel line it would actually fire up and die immediately because the line kept popping off the rail because the quick disconnect was messed up. Replaced the line and now it holds fine but the injectors aren't pulsing. I replaced the crank sensor,cam sensor, and ignition control switch on the steering column by the steering wheel. What else would affect the injector pulse? Anything around the fuel line that I may of jarred loose or something? Starts up and dies immediately with starting fluid. So I know it's got spark and good pressure on the rail. Pulled the plugs and they were bone dry. After turning over that many times figured it would of flooded or something but the injectors aren't spraying. Any ideas? Been searching for a while and can't find anything on it except what I replaced

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
It needs to be reflashed. My opinion from personal experience. Good luck bud, these 3rd gens are terrible with the electrical systems and control modules. Cost of a flash is 50$-150$.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See I thought of that to. I called the dealership and explained I got a new tipcm from another truck and was worried about antitheft. They told me the tipcm doesn't have anything to do with it. Ive realized 06 seems to be the worse year to try and get infirmation on lol. Everytime I search it always pops up with 05 which is completely different from my understanding. If it all needs to be reflashed then I'm ok with the cost. But how can I actually verify that and what do I need to bring to the dealer seeing as I can't drive the truck there?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
F**k the stealership, find a good local garage that has the right programming tools and ask him if he's familiar with these 3gen pos's. If he hesitates then find a different shop.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think there are any shops around me that deal with things like that. Most deal with carbed SBC lol and things like that. Think the stealership is about my only option lol. Unfortunately. So I need to bring the whole vehicle or can I just bring the tipcm with my vin to them?

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Skyraman,Do you ever sleep?lol

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Unfortunately you have to bring the truck. And fastf no cause I'm always working on my dodge, lol. Seriously though!

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll give them a call and see what's up tomorrow when they open. Thanks for the information. I'll update if it fixes the problem.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry it took so long to reply. Dealership here was worthless. So I managed to come across a PCM with out the skim. Disconnected my skim module and it fired up. Sure there is a vacuum leak around the intake manifold so I'll deal with that this weekend. I tested the instrument panel and all the gauges moved but while running it only shows fuel and volts...... Any idea about that one lol

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So...the PCM I got without skim let's it run but it's running rough. New plugs,coil packs, intake gaskets, crank and cam sensors, iac valve , and ignition switch. That's everything I know that has to do with it lol. With that PCM my instrument cluster doesn't work except fuel and volts. I put in a skim PCM and it would turn over but not fire of course. But the cluster actually works right as far as I can tell. All the gauges fluctuated but can't confirm because it wouldn't run.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I opened up a new thread asking for reputable vendors or websites for replacing the PCM with one programmed for my truck.