Intermittent diesel injector failure possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paramax55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2006 5.9 24V 3500.

Background: I have had an intermittent cam sensor error popping up over the last couple of days. Yesterday, while driving to work (a trip of 50 miles), I got an injector error 35 miles into the trip and one cylinder dropped out. The bad cylinder (I don't know which one) cut in amd out a few times before it quit all together. The truck was still running, so I continued the other 15 miles to work. I let the truck sit an hour or so and started it back up. It started right away, the bad cylinder cut in and out a few times, then everything smoothed out like normal. After work, I cleared the codes and the truck ran fine all the way home with no codes (I've since replaced the cam sensor).

Question: Is it at all possible that the injector error was related to the cam sensor (I doubt it)? Do injectors give intermittent failures as a warning before they give up the ghost? Could this have genuinely been a fluke and the truck may be fine?

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357