Raceland Electric Cutouts anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Customer service might be the deciding factor as i sent them an email 2 days ago and have tried to reach them by phone as well for questions and no reply yet and no answer by phone or voicemail.

I emailed Raceland to ask about the backorder, and i had a response in about 2 hours. Pretty good I'd say.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
When I had a small issue with my raceland (battery in remote died before it got to me) the sent out a whole new remote/wiring harness/"brain" and had it within a week. They have great customer service IMO

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Run away from DMH. We "USED" to sell DMH cutouts. It has now been over 8 months without a response from them to multiple emails and phone calls. We had customers pay for orders, and I couldnt get DMH to respond for me to put the order in with them. I was forced to refund the orders, and pull DMH off our website. I was even looking to place a very big stock order to keep these on the shelf, and they have not responded. I also have a customer that has been trying to contact them for over a month now to replace a blown motor on 1 of his cutouts, and he has not been able to get through either. It is a shame because they always made a good product, but I would not even consider buying 1 until they get their communication sorted out over there.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Run away from DMH. We "USED" to sell DMH cutouts. It has now been over 8 months without a response from them to multiple emails and phone calls. We had customers pay for orders, and I couldnt get DMH to respond for me to put the order in with them. I was forced to refund the orders, and pull DMH off our website. I was even looking to place a very big stock order to keep these on the shelf, and they have not responded. I also have a customer that has been trying to contact them for over a month now to replace a blown motor on 1 of his cutouts, and he has not been able to get through either. It is a shame because they always made a good product, but I would not even consider buying 1 until they get their communication sorted out over there.

Thanks for the heads up Matt. Now its a decision between Raceland and QTP. :think:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Damn that sucks. DMH was an excellent company to do business with. Wonder if they had to shut down shop.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Their website is still active and the answering machine still says DMH when the phone isnt ringing busy or giving you an error message. If they had to close up shop, you would think they might mention that to their dealers, but I havent heard anything.

It sucks because the parts are good. A quality part only goes so far if you cant back it up with customer service as well though.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
QTP is a nice quality. I ran 1 on my 03, and my only complaint was that after about 6 months, you would have to pulse the switch a few times to get it to completely seal shut. Otherwise, it worked great.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called QTP and they said they only have a 90 day warranty on theirs. I like the design better than the raceland but then again raceland has a 2 year warranty.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
From all the junk ones at the shop and my buddies shop it always seems to be something you fix or replace after awhile.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i bit the bullet and bought the QTP e cutout. Hope i like it. I just wonder if you can control how much of it you want open/closed or if its a full open/close switch?

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i bit the bullet and bought the QTP e cutout. Hope i like it. I just wonder if you can control how much of it you want open/closed or if its a full open/close switch?

I'd say full open or full closed. I wouldn't recommend making a cut out that has the ability to be half open/closed. You will be impressed by the sound of it when it's open.

OP
OP
N

NickyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Please let us know how the QTP is. Thinking of getting one myself..

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not trying to thread jack but where in the exhaust system are y'all installing the cutout are you run single or dual cutouts and is it only for sound or performance to?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to thread jack but where in the exhaust system are y'all installing the cutout are you run single or dual cutouts and is it only for sound or performance to?

Im running a single exhaust with the cutout installed right after the y. It's pretty loud. Honestly, i feel like i lose a bit of low end power when i run with the cutout open. And when the mds kicks in it sounds ugly. But other than that, its pretty cool. I've set off multiple car alarms in parking structures without trying to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Here's a video of mine

[yt]KDkQ9pun9zo[/yt]

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Performance wise they are good for roughy 10rwhp to your peak hp, down side - on a mostly stock truck the lowend (city/stop and go type driving) takes a noticeable hit and feels like crap. WOT feels good, but just normal stop and go driving you'll feel like you lost some power. Good thing though is with a few extra mods you basically wont notice its there.

As far as the keeping it half open and what not, keep it either wide open or closed, the pressures that build up behind the plate in the cutout will either snap it closed or open and break the motors on most of the cutouts. Which is why almost all the companies say not to open or close it under load or in excess of 1000rpm's + (so basically when stopped and at idle).