Rough idle/misfire when shifting from drive to park.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmuldrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A couple weeks back I was getting a P0300 code random misfire and thought it might have been a senor so started by changing out the TPS. This didn't fix it and before I could look into changing out anything else the battery went out. I put in a new battery and this seemed to fix the random misfire for a week but now I think the higher voltage just masked the issue.
Now I've noticed when I shift from drive to park after driving, the engine rough idles/misfires for a few seconds. Before the battery went out the issue seemed to be misfiring with sluggish acceleration after putting truck into drive from park. I'm thinking it has to do with a switch or sensor the reads gear selection. Anyone had this issue or can recommend where to look for a fix on this.
My truck is a 07 Ram SLT crew with 4.7L, 5 speed automatic.

OP
OP
D

Dmuldrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a little more information and some ideas I've had. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
So a few times I've had the flashing engine light just after initial acceleration which I've read indicates excess fueling or fuel dump.
Also after some reading around the internet I've discovered the 4.7L have issues with the air control valve, was wondering if anyone has had luck replacing the air control valve to fix misfiring issues ans fuel dump issues.
Other causes I've read say the up stream oxygen sensors can get hung up and cause an open loop which can also cause a fuel dump.
Anyone out there have an input to help solve the issue?