S&B intake scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Is anyone running the extra intake scoop? Any difference? Also do you guys plug that long tube on the bottom or leave it open? Just curious to see what everyone is doing. I don't have the extra scoop, and I leave the plug out on the bottom

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have that scoop on my S&B and I don't have the bottom plugged. 130 more dollars for that little plastic tube is insane and I guarantee you won't see any difference with it on there. But the manual says that plugging that bottom hole will cut down on airflow and should only be done if you go through a lot of deep water.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I saw the manual said "if you are concerned about a small amount of engine heat, plug the bottom." That didn't make sense cause it seems like that wouldn't get hot down there

Derek04ram13venge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got one on my s&b, those were the first 2 mods I did. The scoop may have made it a bit louder and pull slightly harder at some good speed, I'm not really sure about performance though, shortly after I added a cat back and headers, then a cam. Since this time last year the truck has only moved maybe six hundred miles. If it adds anything at all I wouldn't really expect more than 5hp.