Well my first time on here so first post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would I get condensation in my ccv hoses and pcv valve hose. It's an 04 4.7 litre and they had the hoses.just crossed for some reason. I looked up at a diagram and correct them the way they are suppose to be but seems to run worst. Took the oil cap off and it was full of like mayonnaise sludge. Did the seafood treatment and fresh oil . Seems to run worst since I put the hoses.just back the way they were suppose to be.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you mean SEAFOAM and not seafood? How did you use the SEAFOAM in your engine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The engines as 291km on it. Just bought the truck about a year ago here in Ontario Canada. Ñot bad shape for the year. Then the engine light came on and getting a code for cylinder 7 miss firing. Change all the plugs and number 7 was filthy. So I got a new coil thinking that it might be the coil but still miss firing. I still drive the truck just around town cause I have to and talked to a couple mechanics and got no where. Don't really want to put a newer engine if I don't have to so any help would help

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check your plugs. Seafoam treatments tend to blow out all that gunk in the engine through the cylinders and out the pipes. I bet those plugs are a bit fouled at this point.

Also, check your throttle body and EGR valve. One or both may need to be cleaned. And in some cases, replacing the EGR valve helps a lot. They do fail and are a maintenance part readily available at most auto parts stores.

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol fk auto correct

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Half the bottle seafoam in the crank and the rest in the gas tank

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your plugs. Seafoam treatments tend to blow out all that gunk in the engine through the cylinders and out the pipes. I bet those plugs are a bit fouled at this point.

Also, check your throttle body and EGR valve. One or both may need to be cleaned. And in some cases, replacing the EGR valve helps a lot. They do fail and are a maintenance part readily available at most auto parts stores.
I put all new plugs when I did the treatment

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This isn't as bad as what it was. The first picture is the hose that goes to my air filter box. I don't even have it connected to it since it would just ruined my new filter. I have the hole to the filter box plugged for now and the hose just routed under the truck so it doesn't leak on the engine.
423eb6f01b2d2a84e6727775cb7457c7.jpg
16f37ef885223d86681564403d80801b.jpg
99bf6976d6f53eb11ac047e1fe0ae7bc.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't I get a code if my egr valve was bad?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just throwing it out there but you may want to do a compression check. That does look like moisture got into the oil by the milky color. Did you recheck your plugs? Gapped properly? I had to clean my plugs after seafoaming my old truck even about 200 miles after because of all the gunk that was coming loose kept misfiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just throwing it out there but you may want to do a compression check. That does look like moisture got into the oil by the milky color. Did you recheck your plugs? Gapped properly? I had to clean my plugs after seafoaming my old truck even about 200 miles after because of all the gunk that was coming loose kept misfiring.

Yeah went to the mecanic and was too busy so I asked if I were to go they're and take everything apart and ready for him in the parking lot if he could help me out to do a compressing test on cylinder 7 wich I'm getting a code from. So hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah went to the mecanic and was too busy so I asked if I were to go they're and take everything apart and ready for him in the parking lot if he could help me out to do a compressing test on cylinder 7 wich I'm getting a code from. So hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

I would do a check on all of them not just 7 just to be safe. In the mean time you might want to remove the hoses and clean them out with some carb cleaner and reinstall them to keep any of that gunk from returning to the system.

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No I never recheck my plugs after the treatment but I'll put that on my list. Thanks for the info. I just live in a small town of 2000 people here and two mecanic that helpless unless I want to dish out $90 an hour.lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I never recheck my plugs after the treatment but I'll put that on my list. Thanks for the info. I just live in a small town of 2000 people here and two mecanic that helpless unless I want to dish out $90 an hour.lol

If you have an advanced auto or some auto parts store you can call them and see if they have a compression tester you can rent/loan from them.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just remember to pull the coil wire so the truck doesn't try and start with the compression tester in

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did already but small town. unless I drove 4 hours away

OP
OP
S

Stevemartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I won't be doing it the mecanic is I'm just gonna get everything out and take the coil out and the plug. Sure he knows what to do.