Will a 2005 5.7 hemi swap into a 2003 ram 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdfire77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been searching for a while now and can't find any good information to tell if a 2005 5.7 hemi out of a Durango will fit into my 2003 ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi. My motor locked up in my 2500 and I'm trying to find a motor to swap in there that will bolt up and plug in with out a bunch of modifications.

I've read that an 2005 hemi will bolt up in a 2003 but are they the same motors in the rams as the Durangos? And will they bolt straight up if they are? Any help and knowledge on these motors would be awesome! Thanks for the help!!

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
It will swap in with a few modifications. The Durango will have an EGR valve but you can just delete and use the blocking plate from your '03. You'll need to swap the oil pan, windage tray and pickup tube as well. Be sure to save the flexplate inspection cover on your truck because on the Durangos the starter is on the opposite side and it has a different cover. Might need to use your old throttle body as well since the connections are different if I remember right. Neither engine has MDS so you should be good to go. Welcome to the Forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jdfire77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the info that's what I've been trying to figure out.