2010 Ram RER 730n A2DP options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So as I had learned the hard way. The RER will not stream music VIA bluetooth. Which has hit a void in me to the point I am almost foolish enough to buy a RHR.

I've been looking for all kinds of of last options. My hangup of not using the AUX is simple as hating cords and plugging twice as much. I use my phone way more then XM. Streaming YouTube Red. Or listening to different things I need off the phone. So I found the best device ever! Or so I thought! It is the BOVEE1000. You plug it into your 30pin iPod cable of the RER radio and it streams Bluetooth music! So I installed one.. The ipod tab lit up on the radio screen! Oh I was excited! I then paired the phone and device! Started playing Pandora.. hit the ipod tab.. and WHOA! Pandora was playing through the system sounding excellent! Then... 10 seconds later... RER screen comes up saying "communication error" It then muted the music.. Even though the music was still playing on the phone and still paired on the BOVEE. I unplugged, replugged disabled uconnect, enabled. Tried all different things! No luck! Each time music will start playing for about 10 seconds then error screen.. I can attach a video if needed. This device has outstanding ratings. Even working on some motorcycles!

My guess is it looks like it tries to pull info on the song like id3 tag information. Since it does not come through.. It thinks there is an issue and halts the ipod option..

Has anyone dealt with these devices and made it work? I have heard some talk about somehow either accessing the engineering menu (menu+upseek+downseek) Or being able to somehow change options in the OS level of QNX for the radio. My thought being you could stop the radio from requesting ID3 tag information on the ipod option?

Or last, has anyone tried installing a module that could be a 3rd party add? Like a module you could splice into the wiring or OEM quick connect and tuck behind the radio so it is never seen?

Thank you guys!