AM/FM Radio died on 2015 Ram Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huskers949597

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
A while back the am/fm radio just stopped working, no sound at all. I noticed all the presets were gone and switching channels manually didn't work either. The presets later came back and you can select other channels but it doesn't actually change the station, still no sound. The bluetooth works to play music from apple or pandora etc. Software version is 14.47.1. I have tried disconnecting battery and removing fuses, neither helped the situation.

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had this issue with my 2012 Outdoorsman. Ended up being the internal amplifier for the AM/FM portion of the radio went bad. Best Buy was having a special that if you spent $100 plus the install was free. I picked up a Sony along with an aftermarket back up camera, and they installed both for free. I did not purchase the option for Satellite Radio, as I prefer the local channels for the news and traffic reports, plus I can stream Pandora over it. And I got hands free with Bluetooth and Apple Car Play, which I did not have before. I think all total I spent between $300 and $350. Not sure if this will work with later models, but I have had zero issues with it.