2014 RA3 Radio Non-Alpine Signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I posted this over at DIYMA but thought it could be of more value here.

There were some questions as to whether or not the rear channels of the RA3 (8.4a) Head Unit put out a full signal so I pulled out my gear and gave it a run.

This is a REW measurement sweep from 0 dB to 20k dB using a Calibrated Dayton UMM-6 Mic. The speaker it is measuring is a Focal 165 AC 2-way speaker. The output of the HU is flat, the DSP I am running through is flat and no crossovers applied.

The Red Signal is from the front output of the HU, the Blue Signal is the rear output of the HU. It is safe to say that both the front and rears are full signal.

attachment.php

RA3.jpg

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
So my equipment is starting to roll in, waiting on the lc7i still. So I can just run the rear speaker wires back to the loc and it will give me the signal for the 4 channel and 1 channel amps right?

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct ***. You won't have fade control.... If that is important to you. I know it isn't important to me.

bootlegfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Now if you used RCA adapters and run your front signal to the front channel input on the amp and rear signal to the rear channel input on the amp would you then maintain fade control?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you check this at all volume levels? I am not sure about the Ram but I know the older Chrysler vehicles would attenuate the rears at high volume levels.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now if you used RCA adapters and run your front signal to the front channel input on the amp and rear signal to the rear channel input on the amp would you then maintain fade control?

Yes, this is exactly how it would work. I use amped rear fill on my setup and have fade control.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you check this at all volume levels? I am not sure about the Ram but I know the older Chrysler vehicles would attenuate the rears at high volume levels.

I have checked signals at various volume levels with this radio and have not found any variations.