2017 ram UConnect and iPhone 7 plus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone having issues with the nav UConnect system losing the programmed favorites using an iPhone 7. Mine disappear after turning off the truck. Am I missing something? I'm referring to the people you select that you call the most.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I have an iPhone 7+ in a 2016 1500 Laramie Longhorn. 8.4an with navigation. If you mean the list of names across the top of your favorites, I don't loose mine. So you may have a radio problem.

OP
OP
P

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The dealership keeps telling me some BS that apple keeps updating their os and uconnect can't keep up. I can't get any better response than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership keeps telling me some BS that apple keeps updating their os and uconnect can't keep up. I can't get any better response than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that isnt actually BS. Phones are always doing updates and will change little things like this where as u-connect may do an update 1-4 times a year.

OP
OP
P

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
that isnt actually BS. Phones are always doing updates and will change little things like this where as u-connect may do an update 1-4 times a year.

Apple is the largest cell phone maker for US citizens. Once Apple makes changes which is about 5 or less times a year, I see changes immediately from people updating their apps. So can uconnect can't get on the ball and do an update. What's with the maps being from 2015? My truck is a 2017. They are unusable in my city due to major infrastructure changes.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apple is the largest cell phone maker for US citizens. Once Apple makes changes which is about 5 or less times a year, I see changes immediately from people updating their apps. So can uconnect can't get on the ball and do an update. What's with the maps being from 2015? My truck is a 2017. They are unusable in my city due to major infrastructure changes.

because not all companies kiss apples ass. Car companies do updates when a problem needs to be fixed. Its not FCA doing this all car companies. Hell my wifes traverse the bluetooth hasnt worked for two years now when she went from an iphone 5 to a 6.

I agree with you on the maps parts its very frustrating, but they use a 3rd parties maps when those companies do updates then usually fca does

Masterchiefbt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a 2017 Ram 3500 8.4an with iPhone 7 plus and about every 3rd start I lose my saved phone favorites also....I have your same issue.....do we need new radios or is it just a unconnect or 8.4an update?:patriot: