4th gen audio ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chithead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Black
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What old stuff :)

Only thing I have right now is a Massive Audio QC152 subwoofer, and a set of DLS Iridium 8" mids.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
What old stuff :)

Only thing I have right now is a Massive Audio QC152 subwoofer, and a set of DLS Iridium 8" mids.

saw your post from an older site with all kinds of stuff and i think an i pad to was just curious if you were replacing everything

chithead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Black
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes sir, starting from ground zero with this build. New comps and subwoofer, fresh amplifier and head unit, and running all new wiring.

chithead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Black
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Some teasers of the latest progress:

025.jpg

004-1.jpg

And some of our latest equipment acquisitions:

002.jpg

003.jpg

015.jpg

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone know what adapter I could use to add my 5 ch amp. I dont feel like tracing and re running all the speaker wires. so I need two rca front, two back and sub Ill tie the fronts together with a crossover

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
anyone know what adapter I could use to add my 5 ch amp. I dont feel like tracing and re running all the speaker wires. so I need two rca front, two back and sub Ill tie the fronts together with a crossover
stock deck or aftermarket?

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes the stock radio, I know lock pic will give me front and rear, but I was hoping for something with an rca dedicated to the sub as well, if not I can still work with it. My story is I had an srt8 jeep for the last 6 months that I traded in and did up the whole 5ch thing (alot of work) and was hoping for a simple install this time I removed everything last saturday and had to remove more then half of all panels on the jeep to get it all back out. hoping not to do that again.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
You have the touch screen radio? I would assume check the back of the radio or the amp if you have it under the dash on the drivers side. I'd love a pinout of the amp.

---
- Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Cool

---
- Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone changed out any of the components on the factory full AV system?

ive got the mygig with alpine surround with drop-down screen in the back, full NAV and backup camera, SAT radio and TV.

Everything in my truck is integrated together so i didnt want to mess with it but i hate the bass, or lack there of, coming from that 8" (really, an 8" whos idea was that?) sub in the rear.

does anyone know what the power is going to that sub? I thought about replacing it with a better box and a 10 to add the little extra i want. I dont want a full system because my kiddo cant take it on his ears, nor can my wife, just a bit more bass.

in my 06 i had a couple PAC systems for AUX input and sub outs with 2 10" comp subs and a 1600W Lanzar (loved that amp) with remote control. with full Pioneer components in the fronts and full range 6.5" in the rear doors. It sounded AWESOME but i left the stock head unit so it looked like nothing inside had been changed.

any ideas that wont create another full interior removal project? :crazy:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Has anyone changed out any of the components on the factory full AV system?

ive got the mygig with alpine surround with drop-down screen in the back, full NAV and backup camera, SAT radio and TV.

Everything in my truck is integrated together so i didnt want to mess with it but i hate the bass, or lack there of, coming from that 8" (really, an 8" whos idea was that?) sub in the rear.

does anyone know what the power is going to that sub? I thought about replacing it with a better box and a 10 to add the little extra i want. I dont want a full system because my kiddo cant take it on his ears, nor can my wife, just a bit more bass.

in my 06 i had a couple PAC systems for AUX input and sub outs with 2 10" comp subs and a 1600W Lanzar (loved that amp) with remote control. with full Pioneer components in the fronts and full range 6.5" in the rear doors. It sounded AWESOME but i left the stock head unit so it looked like nothing inside had been changed.

any ideas that wont create another full interior removal project? :crazy:
i think the easiest thing for you to do is add an aftermarket amp and sub with a line output converter.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats kinda what i was thinking.

i think thats a project that will wait till spring. im gonna replace the HU in our GC first.

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Man you guys love your audio ... keep it up looks good

BodyDropInc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So can anyone with the clean sweep help me out I just got mine in the mail, and was wondering where's the best place to splice into, what color wires go where, where to run the red wire for my key on, best place to mount it & what's the best way to adjust the gains and other knobs at. Any help would be greatly appreciated pictures would be great too.

Last edited: