8.4 with android auto and apple carplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
why why why why does the 2017 challenger get android auto but the rams dont?! id litterally spend 1k easily just to have freaking android auto in my 2013 truck. if they released the unit for a 17 im sure it would swap right into our 4th gens..

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There could be many reasons. Keep in mind that the CarPlay and Android Auto radios are new hardware made by a different manufacturer.

Chrysler may have a contractual obligation to continue purchasing the old radios. The new manufacturer may not be able to keep up with demand. There might be big changes coming to the trucks and they don't want to pay to build support for one year of them into the new radios. Maybe they don't want a lot of them in the wild until they can get the bugs worked out.

The fact is, all any of us can do is speculate.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have Android Auto and more vehicle features for under 1k. Would have to give up screensize though.

OP
OP
T

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
And see that's something I do NOT want to do lol I was just digging g through the uconnect website and found it strange.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always can wait for the new Alpine units to have CarPlay and you can go up a screensize. Would probably be looking at 3k though.