8.4 messing up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 8.4 with nav stereo in my truck is acting up. When i push the preset channel on the touch screen the music will change as if the station has changed but the screen still shows whatever channel it was on before I changed stations. For example if it's on sirius xm channel 35 and i push the preset for channel 6, the music for channel 6 plays but the display for channel 35 remains on the screen. And when i use the steeringwheel channel controls it will skip channels. Example, if it's on channel 35 and i push up to change it to 36 it may skip to channel 7 instead. It should be under warranty. It's a 2014 with 12k miles on it. Has anyone else experienced this? I had the update done on it when they were worried someone could "take over the truck" through the stereo several months ago but this just started happening today.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never had this problem or anything like it... Maybe try a factory reset? You will lose your presets and settings but its worth a shot before heading to the dealer.

You have to go into engineering mode to reset it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJKRr2V8spo

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Checked out the video and think I'd rather take it in and let the dealer deal with it. Appreciate the thought though.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is it stuck like that or just do it randomly? mine will randomly do it, but not stuck. it might just be a normal software upgrade also.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
This sounds like a software concern. I would recommend having the dealership take a look. Let me know if there's anything I can do to be of assistance.

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Erica. The truck was parked in the garage overnight and I didn't have the issue today. It's working like it should. If it happens again I'll contact the dealer I bought it from and see what they say.