AC quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 express, the ac has been acting weird the last few days. First time about a month ago the AC wouldn't kick on, I shut the truck off and waited a minute and started it back up and it worked. This has happened twice, this morning it worked fine then this afternoon it didn't work at all an was blowing hot air, not sure if the clutch is kicking in or not. The 10 amp fuse for the AC isn't blown so I am kinda at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Well, I removed the fuse, started the truck and put the fuse back in and she worked! freaking weird!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe the contacts for the fuse are dirty or not tight in the connector?????

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I was wondering that too, I will just get a new fuse in there!

markchief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was wondering that too, I will just get a new fuse in there!
Do you store your truck outside for any reason. All US manufacturers used wiring with soy-based insulation. 6 years ago, my entire wiring harness got eaten by mice causing intermittant shorts. 3 month lead time to get it from GM due to fact that each harness is specific to options in vehicle. The mechanic at my job rewired or repaired 85 wires in his home shop. Saved the day. Truck no longer outside for any time. Just bought a new Ram 3500. Picking up today. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990