Alpine restyle & manual hvac controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning guys. So I'd like to pose a question for you guys and maybe pick your brains a bit.

Over the past few weeks I've been contemplating on removing my uconnect and added a aftermarket radio. Specifically the alpine restyle (x009ram) to be exact. So after doing research on this unit it seems that this radio will not work in my vehicle mainly because of the hvac controls. Mainly this alpine radio and bezel was set up to replace a 5.0 uconnect with manual hvac controls. It would not work with hvac controls on the 8.4.

So my train of that was to get a replacement bezel from infotainment.com that has the manual hvac controls and problem solved. But it got me thinking. Is the harness plug on the back of manual hvac controls the same at the one in the controls I currently have? I watched a video from infotainment where they replaced a 5.0 to a 8.4 and there kit included a wiring harness and do the upgrade. Is there a chance that they make a harness to reverse this process? Guys your help or knowledge would. E great appreciated. If possible can one of you guys with a 5.0 uconnect possibly show me the connection plugs on the back of your hvac controls so I can compare them to what I currently have. Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would need a custom harness to go between where your current plug that goes into the HVAC module is and the 5.0 bezel.

OP
OP
S

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would need a custom harness to go between where your current plug that goes into the HVAC module is and the 5.0 bezel.

I'm curious, do you guys have such a harness? One of the steps in my process to making this work was purchasing the bezel from
You guys. I just could t figure out the whole harness situation. I watched a video where you all changed a 5" uconnect to a 8.4 and had all the needed wiring to make the new hvac controls work. Would you guys have anything to pretty much do the reverse? (As crazy as that sounds) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk