Can I swap a T&C RER Radio into my 2012 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I tried searching but no luck.

I currently have the base model RES radio with sirius, uconnect and mirror microphone etc.

I found a killer deal on a RER touch screen NAV radio locally on craigslist. It is from a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country. I know a lot of Chrysler radios are swappable from vehicle to vehicle but i don't know which work with which?

So can i swap my RES with the 09 T&C RER? Will it be plug n play? Will the dealer have to flash anything?

Can anyone please help me out id love to call him back and go buy it right now but i don't want to buy it if it wont work. Thanks.

Here are some pictures if it helps. Thanks.

324f2a8b263cdf747f6838432bf6a5da.jpg74f6f69f9b5677a603168f4df5915ff9.jpg58ebada678ebfb9a17191f079d88a38e.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Yes - T&C uses a high speed bus, same as the Ram, basically plug and play. You will need a separate GPS antenna, (you can get them on ebay for cheap) and the jumper harness for the mirror mic to work (part # 82211666)

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes - T&C uses a high speed bus, same as the Ram, basically plug and play. You will need a separate GPS antenna, (you can get them on ebay for cheap) and the jumper harness for the mirror mic to work (part # 82211666)
I thought in 2012 Chrysler/Ram started using a dual antenna for the gos and sirius so i thought there is 1 antenna pkug and 1 antenna for both things, but i could be wrong.

Looks like im going to see how low i can get the price and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Besides needing tbe gos antenna and the mic harness, the radio should be plug n play and also bolt right up? No adapter mounting plate needed?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I thought in 2012 Chrysler/Ram started using a dual antenna for the gos and sirius so i thought there is 1 antenna pkug and 1 antenna for both things, but i could be wrong.

Looks like im going to see how low i can get the price and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Besides needing tbe gos antenna and the mic harness, the radio should be plug n play and also bolt right up? No adapter mounting plate needed?

The RER has separate connectors for Sirius & GPS. The better RHR that replaced it uses one connector that carries both signals. I replaced the RER in my old Jeep with an RHR and had to deal with that.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500

The RER has separate connectors for Sirius & GPS. The better RHR that replaced it uses one connector that carries both signals. I replaced the RER in my old Jeep with an RHR and had to deal with that.

R/T hit it out of the park, also, the RHB has the dual fakra connector that does both.

If your pic is of the actual radio, it will bolt right up, mounting holes on the side. There are some that have the holes on top, I "think" some Jeeps like the grand cherokee, but not sure what else