Dyna Matting rear wall behind seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackson Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 Ram Crew Cab. I have been chasing down a leak that I thought was from the third brake light, but seems to be from the sliding window gasket. I ended up taking out the rear seat while this is being fixed. I also was planning to do the rear seat mod so I can mount my amp against the back wall. In removing the cardboard/mat sound proofing material back there I found 2 rectangular VENTS? I plan to mount a piece of plywood in the shape of the amp against the wall with liquid nails then I figure to Dyna mat th rest around it that I can get to. If anyone has done this and has some pointers I would appreciate it. Also I have been looking at subwoofer boxes. It seams that the storage area below the seat is not removable. It seems like the sub box just fits into and over the existing space. Im horrified that I even took the rear seat out and don't want to **** anything up. I hope to replace front speakers with quality components, rear with 6x9 and amp it with an old JLe6450 amp which has nice clean power. Then if need be later play with the subwoofer issue. Anyone please chime in with advice as I am clueless. I plan to have best buy do the install as I have a credit there and their installation is much cheaper than big pro places.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope that lower storage comes out, the dual sub box I'm ordering requires it to come out.
I was going to do something very similar to mount my amp. Just started ordering goodies for a small audio build. So looking forward to answers to your questions

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Just make sure you keep the vents accessible and open, they're required for proper functioning of the ventialtion system and so your doors close properly, without blowing out your rear window. I did my back wall with my first system and did the full CLD tile, CCFL, and MLV treatments for proper sound deadening.

IMG_0126_zps6fc21923.jpg

IMG_0341_zpsc3e7dba2.jpg

I hope that lower storage comes out, the dual sub box I'm ordering requires it to come out.
I was going to do something very similar to mount my amp. Just started ordering goodies for a small audio build. So looking forward to answers to your questions

I hate to tell you this, but that storage area is part of the body, only Ford and Chev/GMC have flat floors, Dodge/Ram doesn't.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm, well I need to make a phone call Monday morning.
Thanks for the info

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Like Charonblk said, do NOT cover up the rear vents. Make cut outs on your amp rack to accommodate those vents... I would encourage you to avoid using liquid nails to mount that amp rack.. kinda seems over-kill to me, and you won't be able to remove that rack in the future. I used industrial strength 3M Velcro and it worked like a charm. My rack did not budge for over 3 years with a lot of off-roading while holding 3 big amps. I just removed my amp rack cause Iam trading in my truck. I am sure glad I used Velcro, because removing the rack was tough, but it came out and I replaced the back wall's factory covering and everything looks stock again. For me audio systems are temporary so they must be removable. Just my opinion of course.