2020 Ram 1500 Unknown Plug Behind Rear Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what this plug is for? I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Eco. Trying to track down this water leak that I'm sure no one else has heard of and I found this thing just dangling. Appreciate the help.
1000001625.jpg

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
water leak? there was some posts here about that, seems the third brake light was the culprit and should be covered under a recall.

i have a 2020 Limited....i'll see if anything is connected....nope, it's just there like yours is. It's not for heated seats because there's other wires for that.

some say it's for a rear lighting package on some models. Open a door and check it for power then close the door and re-check

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It definitely looks like a connector for an external element, it has the rubber seal and is not just an interior unit. In addition to above testing, try also testing all puns when brakes are depressed and also when running lights are in and blinkers. Not sure if you have trailer package but this looks similar to line for trailer plug, but no idea what it is doing inside.