Factory remote start question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried searching for this specific answer but could not find anything. I just recently purchased a new 14 Ram 1500 which came with an OEM remote start. The question comes that when I remote start it, the radio will operate as normal until I put the key in and then it shuts off. After it shuts off it comes back on after a couple seconds. My friend who has a 2014 with OEM remote start doesn't do this. The difference between the two is that mine is the Uconnect 5 and his is the 8.4. Does any one else have this issue? Not so much an issue to me, just want to make sure its normal.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My radio comes on when I remote start it. As for it going off when I put the key in, I think it might for a second but comes back on. I'll check again later today. In all the gm vehicles I've had with remote start the radio didn't come on until the key was on. I'm always surprised to hear it on this one.

OP
OP
E

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm not use to it as my 2012 had the Dball setup which the radio did not shut off.

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
In my 13 the radio does not come on with remote start until you open the door then it turns on.

OP
OP
E

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Answered my own question. I found out that if you turn the key all the way over it will restart the radio. If you put the key in and turn to "Run" it will not restart the radio.