get rid of back up camera in mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my truck has the factory back up camera, the screen was in the rear view mirror. I just upgraded to an RA3, and did the wiring to put the back up camera on the big screen, I disconnected the wire going up to the mirror, (i didnt want the back up display on both)
When I put it in reverse I get a "no camera" logo in the mirror..

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
what wire or wires can I disconnect in that harness that goes up to the mirror?

TIA

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 90

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting , most folks who upgrade to the RA3 / RA4 from the RA1 usually replace the mirror with the OEM mirror with microphones. ...
With that said the wire you need to disconnect is coming from the BCM , I'll dig a bit to see if I can find it .

When you rerouted the 3 wires from the mirror plug being the passenger's side air vent to the radios C-1 connector did you cut / disconnect them completely from the bottom of that connector Or did you just splice into them ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you have more than 7 wires going up at the connector behind the pass air vent ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What kind of microphone did you install Sir ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe the wire for you to disconnect is the orange / Violet wire from the top side of the in line body /IP plug behind the passenger air vent , this should be at socket #3 .
I believe this to be the BCM line bus CBC2 signal wire to the mirror to trigger Reverse to the mirror and possibly the wire to display the active gridlines as well.

Do you have the Active gridlines on the backup display on your RA3 radio

?674a0b1a54a4cf8d968817a4afe4283a.jpg

1810befc43d8f86bf728ec124c1a2f76.jpg

Hope this helps and good luck !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uaintlo

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the info! Ill try that wire after work today.

I didn't replace the mirror, I don't have any microphone for the bluetooth (I don't really care about that, I talk on my phone in that truck about once a month, lol)

I cut the three wires for the back up cam on the mirror side of the plug, (I didn't want to completely disconnect the mirror plug, because of the self dimming feature it has.

by "Active gridlines" do you mean the green yellow and red lines? yes I have those on the RA3 screen, and yes they move as I turn the steering wheel.

I'm not exactly sure how many wires were in that plug, I'll have to look after work.
I just know I used wire number 8,9, &10

OP
OP
Uaintlo

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the wire for you to disconnect is the orange / Violet wire from the top side of the in line body /IP plug behind the passenger air vent , this should be at socket #3 .
I believe this to be the BCM line bus CBC2 signal wire to the mirror to trigger Reverse to the mirror and possibly the wire to display the active gridlines as well.

Do you have the Active gridlines on the backup display on your RA3 radio

Hope this helps and good luck !

The orange with violet wire was it! it was #6 in the socket, but that was the color.
nothing shows in the mirror,
the green, yellow, and red gridlines are still active, (in the RA3 screen and still move as I turn the steering wheel)

just how I wanted it

thanks for the help!

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6