Help installing amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm installing a amp in my 17 ram. I do not have the alpine system. Where can I tap into for a remote wire and what color speaker wires are the rear driver side door ?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Search around on the forum there are many wire diagrams for the speaker wires. Some would go to the head unit, some would go to the door jams.

As for a remote wire you can use the cig lighter or use a fuse tap and go to the fuse box. Either way ONLY use it as a trigger for a relay. These trucks are sensitive to current draw and draws on different systems can cause CELs to turn on.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search around on the forum there are many wire diagrams for the speaker wires. Some would go to the head unit, some would go to the door jams.

As for a remote wire you can use the cig lighter or use a fuse tap and go to the fuse box. Either way ONLY use it as a trigger for a relay. These trucks are sensitive to current draw and draws on different systems can cause CELs to turn on.

What do you mean only use it as a trigger for a relay?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean only use it as a trigger for a relay?

run a relay instead of straight to the amp, this keeps the cig lighter port able to pull its full power without using any load for the amp. this way you can run more than one amp or device that needs power without extra load on that circuit.