2018 Lone Star - No amp, no ANC, - AmpPro AP4-CH41 r.1 - need some help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houserco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
A big thanks in advance for any help. I've got a 2018 Lonestar with 8.4 UConnect and base 6 speaker. No ANC or factory amp I can see/find. I have a CH41 AmpPro but rev.1 and I'm no quite sure whether I should proceed or abandon my project.

Basically, all I set out to do originally was replace the front/rear 6x9's and add a sub but still keep the 8.4 UCon radio. This turned into a dynomat the truck, dual 10" sundown and Kicker CS all around with two amps install. I've never done car audio but I like to learn new stuff, sometimes hard lessons.

My question is this... am I screwed here and need the Rev.2? I've got as far as installing the PAC which seems to be functioning as expected but as I went to install my amp I realized my speaker integration wasn't as I thought. I do have the APH-CH01 harness but nothing appears to be able to just plug up. I then dug in and realized there was a rev.1 and rev.2 of the CH41's. SMDH. Always one step ahead of myself (not good).

Does anyone know if I can still use this Rev.1? If so, do I just direct wire to the harness? From amp to old stereo harness?

I've searched quite a bit and don't see many of these questions related to my situation. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I know this is an older post but I believe the r1 could only be used in Rams with factory amplifiers while the R.2 could be used in base systems as well.