Hi beams Low Beams Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to make your Hi-beams, Low beams and fog lights all be on at the same time?
Can it be done by reprogramming your computer?

Thx

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I think the law only allows 4 lights on the front of a vehicle "on" at a time.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Does anyone know how to make your Hi-beams, Low beams and fog lights all be on at the same time?
Can it be done by reprogramming your computer?

Thx

There's a thread on here somewhere, and I'm pretty sure they figured out how to do it. I think it's called fog drop out mod, or something along the lines of that.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the law only allows 4 lights on the front of a vehicle "on" at a time.

This is the case with most DOT laws in states. also they have to be 55w and under. But with today's new LED lights they all meet that requirement to be a driving light. But anything over 55w has to be covered even if not on. In Cali Lightbars are not legal to drive with them on.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find someone local with the AutoEngenuity tool, that can read directions and it takes all of a minute to program.

I mention that can read, because I could not. I read the steps 3x, did the setup and nothing. Read it again and confirmed i was right. Contacted the person who posted it, and told me to read it again. Read it once more and realized Im a moron. The way it lined up on my phone did not read proper so I didnt stand a chance due to my own fault.

It is illegal in most states to have more than 4 forward facing driving lights to prevent blinding/dazzling on coming traffic. In my opinion when Im using the high beams there isnt anyone ahead of me. The fogs really do illuminate the ditches better than the high or low beams so I choose to have them all.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
When you pull back on the turn signal to flash your hi-beams the fogs and regular beams stay on. Its only when you turn on your hi-beams that the fogs go off.
Kind of awkward holding the turn signal back all the time however.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Find someone local with the AutoEngenuity tool, that can read directions and it takes all of a minute to program.

I mention that can read, because I could not. I read the steps 3x, did the setup and nothing. Read it again and confirmed i was right. Contacted the person who posted it, and told me to read it again. Read it once more and realized Im a moron. The way it lined up on my phone did not read proper so I didnt stand a chance due to my own fault.

It is illegal in most states to have more than 4 forward facing driving lights to prevent blinding/dazzling on coming traffic. In my opinion when Im using the high beams there isnt anyone ahead of me. The fogs really do illuminate the ditches better than the high or low beams so I choose to have them all.
Link coming...

DIY: Add 2013-2017 OEM Foglight Wiring
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1538831

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited: