High beams Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any way besides alfaobd to have high beams and fog lights on simultaneously??

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
Potential for error codes and lights not working trying to this with relays/wiring.
Tazer is for the most part Plug-n-Play option of making vehicle configuration changes.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any way besides alfaobd to have high beams and fog lights on simultaneously??
As others have stated, the Taser or such. That's because it needs to be done in the BCM and can't be done without right equipment investment..
Is an easy change with the AlfaOBD. Did it on my '16. I don't know, but the AlfaOBD is a really good investment, especially if you plan on doing other things, also.

Last edited:

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For my 2018, I used AlfaOBD. For my 2005, I wired in a separate switch for the fogs. You might want to try that.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on the year of your truck. I had a 2012 with a BullyDog tuner and "fogs with brights" was a selectable option in the configuration screen. So if you've got an early 4th Gen going that route may be an option.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Depends on the year of your truck. I had a 2012 with a BullyDog tuner and "fogs with brights" was a selectable option in the configuration screen. So if you've got an early 4th Gen going that route may be an option.
This would only apply to trucks with the Dual headlights, as it's a federal mandate that only allows 4 forward driving lights on public roads. Trucks with Quads or projectors use both the High and Low beams, adding the fogs would make 6 forward lights. Some states require any auxiliary forward driving lights to be physically covered on public roads.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This would only apply to trucks with the Dual headlights, as it's a federal mandate that only allows 4 forward driving lights on public roads. Trucks with Quads or projectors use both the High and Low beams, adding the fogs would make 6 forward lights. Some states require any auxiliary forward driving lights to be physically covered on public roads.
What's "legal" and what people do in the real world are two different things. I've not seen any "off road" lights with covers in decades.

I can tell you with the prevalence of deer along rural back roads in my area the "off road" LED light pods on my truck are used frequently at night, as the factory brights don't provide sufficient coverage.

Last edited: