Hi + fogs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
2013 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Just replaced hi, lo and fogs with Sylvania zxe bulbs. Cut tabs out of bulb to get 9005s in fogs, 2 minutes.
I ordered a kit from me. Tail light which is supposed to keep fogs on when i switch hi beams on. It looks really easy, I think it will be easy, but wondering wether dealer can just change this setting in trucks software. Seems silly to turn off fogs with high beams, In fact not sure why the Lo beams have to turn off. I know the are not gonna make a big difference, and will probable burn out in less then the 1 yr warranty period. Definitely way brighter and whiter then stock bulbs. So the question I have is simple, will or can dealer make all lights stay on when I switch to high beams, or at least highs and fogs ?

Since the mr. Taillights kit seams to be feeding fogs power from high beam positive, why not just run same feed to lows as well. So whenever highs are on, lows get juice too?

You can probable tell, I suck at wiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I don't think the dealership will make that happen. They turn off for a reason. Possibly legal reasons.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Very helpful, thanks.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I believe in the 3rd gen trucks it was possible to run a relay but in the 4th gen its in the computer. The dealer likely can't activate something to make it work. If you splice wires, it will likely see too much of a load and cause an error or blow a fuse. Imo.

Midnite-CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Years ago i was told that you can only have a maximum number of lamps on at any one time on the front of your vehicle, which was why fog/driving lights turned off when high beams were used (did older vehicles low beams stay on with the highs?)

Don't take that as gospel though, it's just something I remember hearing somewhere.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
You cannot have more than four lights on at once. High and low beams count as four and that's why your driving lights turn off when you turn on your high beams

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
You cannot have more than four lights on at once. High and low beams count as four and that's why your driving lights turn off when you turn on your high beams
Except, when you trun on high beams, lo beam and fogs turn off.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Except, when you trun on high beams, lo beam and fogs turn off.

Maybe with duals but with the quads, the Highs and Lows are both on at the same time.
You can see the Lows(Sylvania ZXE) and the Highs(LED)
c72940e32641bac5e2bcf3c60a086ea1.jpg

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Your right, I stand corrected. So I might just do the fog relay so they stay in on too. I modified the 9006 bulb to fit in fog and put zxe bulbs in all 6 bulbs. 9005 in high and fog, h11 in low beams. Might do h9 mod and replace low beams. Can use h11 in wife's armada. The zxe bulbs are definitely whiter and brighter. I saved all originals just in case the zxe bulbs burn out too fast.