IOD Fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi Everyone...been lurking for a while and have learned a lot about my truck over the years from you guys.

I have a 2011 Big Horn and I did something stupid today. I read a post here about replacing the dome light with a little LED board and ordered it from Amazon. (https://goo.gl/zdx1Eb) It came with the bulb adapter and was working fine when i opened and closed the door but did not go on when manually pushing the bulb cover button.

While fiddling with it, I think I may have crossed both the ground and hot on the bulb holder. I put the reg bulb back in and it works when the door is opened and turns off after a while once door is closed. But the manual button does not work and now my map lights, glove box light or visor vanity lights will not go on when I manually try to turn them on.

I've been reading that this could be a IOD fuse problem but I cant find a picture or an exact location of where this is located.

Any help is appreciated as I'm trying to just get this back to how it was working before I tried installing the LED.

Thanks!

OP
OP
H

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I swear I haven't had any cocktails today (yet!)

Just went back out to the truck and everything is working fine now! Makes no sense. I put the little LED board back into the dome light and tightened up the festoon clips and the light now goes on when manually pushed and when the door opens up. And the map lights are now working and so is the glove box bulb. Crazy...maybe the truck just needed to sit to reset?

Now that the LED is working correctly in the dome enclosure, I'm looking to swap out the 2 map bulbs with LED's. Can anyone send me a link to which size LED bulbs I need for these two little lights? I'd prefer to buy on Amazon so a link is appreciated.

Thanks!