Map Light Fuse Number for 5th Gen RAM 1500 is F30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BulaienS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
I've been working on replacing the incandescent Map Light bulbs with LEDs in my 2020 RAM 1500. It was going well until I short-circuited one of the lights while installing the LED bulb. Now, I'm trying to find the correct Fuse Number since the fuse table in the manual is too cryptic to tell what the "Map Light" is. Does anyone know what the fuse number is? BTW, if I had known the exact Fuse Number, I would have removed it before working on the light replacement.

ALREADY an UPDATE! (Same day): I found it!!! By removing suspected fuses, it is F30! It turns out there was not a blown fuse, thank goodness. I replaced the Map Light bulbs by just removing the lens and the plastic chrome plate reflector. But trying to get a good connection took a bit of fussing around since the contacts move when inserted (making me think I had a blown fuse). So you need to have the power to know that you have good contact. Even so, it would have been nice if I knew what that Map Light fuse No. was at the beginning.

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I've been working on replacing the incandescent Map Light bulbs with LEDs in my 2020 RAM 1500. It was going well until I short-circuited one of the lights while installing the LED bulb. Now, I'm trying to find the correct Fuse Number since the fuse table in the manual is too cryptic to tell what the "Map Light" is. Does anyone know what the fuse number is? BTW, if I had known the exact Fuse Number, I would have removed it before working on the light replacement.
https://fuse-box.info/dodge/ram-1500-dodge-ram-2019-2021-fuses-and-relays/amp

F-33 ?

what do you think ?

OP
OP
BulaienS

BulaienS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Thanks for the link. It turns out it is Fuse 30 after removing most likely fuses.

The link you provided shows the same table as the manual, except there are nice photos of the fuse box with the fuses numbered so that they are easy to read. However, based on the descriptions in the table, I still would not have been able to easily figure out which one is for the Map Lights. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
That's the same table as the manual, except for a nice photo and the numbering of the boxes. However, based on the descriptions in the table, I still can't figure out which one is the Map Lights.
Where are your map lights in your truck ?
By reason of deduction if you remove F-33 fuse .. is it blown ?

If you posses a multi-meter you don’t need to remove the fuse
Use the metal contacts on top of the fuse to see if there is conductivity between them.
IMG_0450.jpeg

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8

ALREADY an UPDATE! (Same day): I found it!!! By removing suspected fuses, it is F30! It turns out there was not a blown fuse, thank goodness. I replaced the Map Light bulbs by just removing the lens and the plastic chrome plate reflector. But trying to get a good connection took a bit of fussing around since the contacts move when inserted (making me think I had a blown fuse). So you need to have the power to know that you have good contact. Even so, it would have been nice if I knew that Map Light fuse No. at the beginning.
Maybe a typo but F30 is either for another vehicle and not a 2020 Ram Truck or the zero should be a 3
Or you have another problem altogether

In any case that doesn’t stop the fix congratulations!