IPOD in a 2014 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Will a new IPOD work in a 2014 Express with the base radio? I have read over and over about problems in Ram trucks and IPODS, I can only find old references as to weather an IPOD will work in these trucks.
Would really like to find a way to play my music but what works and not works seems a little muddy.
Wife said she will buy me one for building her new furniture for our bedroom but it seems like a waste if it's not compatible.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Different but my iPhone works great in my sport. Either through Bluetooth or usb

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have my iPod hooked up to the USB in my center console, it works flawlessly. My android works perfectly with Spotify and iHeartRadio with blue tooth as well.

ETA: just realized I missed the fact you said base radio and I have an 8.4 so that may not translate.

Last edited:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Will a new IPOD work in a 2014 Express with the base radio? I have read over and over about problems in Ram trucks and IPODS, I can only find old references as to weather an IPOD will work in these trucks.
Would really like to find a way to play my music but what works and not works seems a little muddy.
Wife said she will buy me one for building her new furniture for our bedroom but it seems like a waste if it's not compatible.
Look in the left wall of the upper glove box. If there is a USB connection there you just plug in your IPOD.

If not, if your IPOD is Bluetooth, check to see if you have U-connect in the available links.

Base radio may be too last century....?!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Look in the left wall of the upper glove box. If there is a USB connection there you just plug in your IPOD.

If not, if your IPOD is Bluetooth, check to see if you have U-connect in the available links.

Base radio may be too last century....?!

on the 2013+ trucks the USB plug is in the center console. The RA1 supports pretty much every ipod/iphone ever made including the 7/7+

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have an IPOD bluetoothed in my '14 Express with 5.0 radio, works fine.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ipod worked fine when I still had the 5.0 radio and still works fine with my 8.4 in my 14 express with the USB in the console. Only thing it only plays music from Itunes for me. If I want to use Spotify I have to use Bluetooth