Lost signal to driver speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 big horn with the uConnect radio. I am an avid audio person and am in the process of upgrading the stereo in the car. In the process of adding a component set of speakers to the doors. I have some how lost all signal to just the driver do. It's the first door I've started in and I set up everything temporarily as to make sure it work. It's the speaker wires going to a crossover. From there to a mid bass driver and 2" tweater. Now when I first set this up everything worked great. No problems. I went and installed everything and went to put the door back together. And no sound. I tested the speaker wiring with the stock speaker and again no sound. I'm lost as to what has happened. All other doors still play normally. I'm afraid to move forward in fear I may cause more problems. Has anyone every had this issues before. How can I fix it. If possible or how can I prevent this from happineing again. So far my plan is to run an LC7i line out converter behind the dash to run a skar audio 80.4 fort the 2 pairs of components in the doors and then a skar audio 60.4 bridges to run a pair of 3.5" super tweeters in the dash. I also will be running 2 skar audio ZVXv2 15's tuned to 28hz in the back seat. Powered by a D.C. Audio 3.5k at .5ohms.

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If it no longer works with any speaker in that location then the obvious is the crossover you installed. Take a meter and test it. Or, easier, bypass it and see if your sound comes back.

Also, check your connections into the crossover from the radio. I'm hoping you just didn't twist wires together and slap some electrical tape on it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it no longer works with any speaker in that location then the obvious is the crossover you installed. Take a meter and test it. Or, easier, bypass it and see if your sound comes back.

Also, check your connections into the crossover from the radio. I'm hoping you just didn't twist wires together and slap some electrical tape on it?

I bypassed the crossover when i tested it without the crossover and still nothing. And no I didn't just twist wires together. I'm very **** about things being very clean and neat wiring. I've been doing car audio for about 5 years now.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 39

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hmm. Hook the wires out from the radio directly to a meter and measure if anything is coming to the crossover. Sure hope your head unit didn't just die. :-(

OP
OP
M

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. Hook the wires out from the radio directly to a meter and measure if anything is coming to the crossover. Sure hope your head unit didn't just die. :-(

It's weird that it would just die on only one channel. I can understand if maybe they all went out and I fried the internal amp but for only 1 channel to pop is weird. I'll try testing individually on each channel and see what I get.