Phone Pairing Getting Lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
My 2016 1500 Larimie has been losing its pairing to my Android phone for the past several years. I am the original owner of the truck and when I bought it, the salesman helped me pair the phone and it remained that way for a couple of years, then started being unpaired. Sometimes I can get it paired and it will stay for awhile, sometimes it will stay paired for a few minutes and other times I cannot get it paired. I have gotten it paired, then at some later time it will not be paired, then later it will be. I have deleted it from the option showing paired devices and started over with varied success. When it does pair, I usually get access to my text messages, but no guarantee. During the pairing process, it will attempt to download my phone‘s phone book, but has not been able to successfully do that for a very long time. Anytime I try to pair my phone, I am at home.

All other functions of the truck and display work with no issues. There are no other items paired to my truck. I do not have an active subscription to Sirius, but even when I did, there was no difference in how the pairing process was or was not successful. I also do not have an active subscription to UConnect, that subscription end with the initial free trial when I bought the truck.

The dealership has not been helpful and my salesman has retired.

Is there a ghost, gremlin, evil spirit I am dealing with? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With my wifes 21 Jeep it was a software update and then a reflash on a separate time. I am constantly having to hard restart the radio to get everything to fire back up. The dealership says its all up to date... I sure find it funny Fords Sync does not have these problems... My Uconnect stopped getting updates 4 years ago on my 12 ram... I had to mount my iPad Pro in it to make it come into the modern age...

OP
OP
B

Booth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Well, I think I found the problem. It appears that it was my phone (Motorola Moto). I HAD to replace it and got a Samsung Galaxy S23 FE. I paired it to my truck and it it also was able to download my phone book and can access my text messages. It has been a couple of weeks and is still paired.

Why did I Have to replace my phone, you ask? There is an app I use to track my trips for car insurance discount purposes. My old phone was an Android with software version 8.0.0 and the app was changed and needed at a software version of 9.0 or higher. Yes, it sucks and before anyone talks about letting Big Brother track my moves, doing this saves me several hundred dollars in insurance across three different vehicles.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i was thinking that your phone may have been 3G
Now the phones have to be at least 4G Lite

3G is no longer in use

i believe that the Vehicles Phone, which is a Sierra Air Card, it is inside of your Infotainment System, otherwise known as a Radio is a 3G card, it is connected only to your Rear View Mirror & Radio.
If it is a 3G card, & you have a subscription to Uconnect, you can send off for an Adaptor that plugs into the OBD2 Port.
\
if you do get that adaptor, you will bang your leg on it, whenever you press down on the E Brake.
But some company makes a 90° angle adaptor that fits into the OBD2 port

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357