in middle of install.....need remote wire turn on location asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this is on a 2016 express, RA4 6 speaker system.....where do i pull the remote turn on wire from?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
My best guess would be a cig lighter

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
For remote turn on, yes. Just test it before wiring it up.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For remote turn on, yes. Just test it before wiring it up.

ty, we used a constant power and switchable power under from under the front drivers seat.....did a test and all is well! finishing final hookup this morning:favorites13:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can get it in multiple places, but no matter where you get it from i would recommend that you use a relay and only use the source you tagged to trigger the relay. vehicles now days are extremely sensitive to voltage drops and can cause CEL's to go on.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the help...... here's a pic of the amp/loc mounted under the drivers seat:

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so we got my buddies install finished in about a day and a half/2016 RAM Express Reg Cab. New Years Day and some into the 2nd.....I had a amp wiring kit and Audio control LOC on hand to contribute to the build.

Parts we used were an Audio Control LC2i, XSpower amp wiring kit, JBL 5501 amp 2ohm stable, alpine SWS 12" sub (dual 4ohm) wired for a 2ohm load, kicker KS 3.5's in the dash w/800mhz passive xover, and kicker KS 6x9's in the rear cab.....stock door speakers.....oh and a Metra wedge slot ported box w/1cuft airspace......sub requires 1 cuft in a ported box so with the displacement of the sudwoofer the box was slightly undersized.

Sound was/is a dramatic improvement. I believe the little JBL amp pushes 550w RMS.....with a little tuning she sounds VERY good!

this whole thing started as a dual kicker hideaway install, but with a botched online order w/ 2day delivery it turned into a Best Buy run/thrash session.

My buddy is VERY happy with the results; we ended up taking the seats/jump seat out and center console.....rear storage tray.....door sill panels and lower B pillar panels.....and the carpet.

We took a piece of 3/4" MDF and made a mounting plate to fit under the driver's seat, transferred the pattern to the underside of the carpet and removed the foam padding on that area for a flush fit, we hot glued the MDF to the floor of the cab, re-installed the carpet so no screws went through any metal.

we took the time to route all wiring cleanly and (fingers crossed) in such a way we didn't pick upo any noise......we succeeded!

we took the speaker inputs and from behind the Head Unit and continued with twisted wire we turned with a drill motor to complete what the factory had done.

That's about it....like I said.....it was sort of a thrash and a plan based on available parts but it actually turned out rather great!

Now I need to get ma'butt in gear and get my install done thats been sitting in my closet for almost 2 years now! lol:favorites13:

Last edited:

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks for the help...... here's a pic of the amp/loc mounted under the drivers seat:

You can locate a switchable source from one of those molexes in your pic. That's what I have turning on my MS8.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again thanks everyone for the help, here's a few more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 68

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ooooh, I really like this. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with mine. I was thinking about a box behind my seat because I don't really use that area. Behind the passenger seat and console I do use the tray, though.

I have a hideaway I was going to put under the passenger seat. But, I'm thinking I want more. I'm coming from a JL 500/1 and 10w6v2 and I don't know if the hideaway will do it for me.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What wires did you use to get signal from the truck to the LC2i?

This is what I used pre factory split to the door/dash speakers:

Front Left (+) GY/VT
Front Left (-) GY/YL
Front Right (+) DG/VT
Front Right (-) DG/YL
Rear Left (+) GY/DG
Rear Left (-) GY/LG
Rear Right (+) DG/LG
Rear Right (-) DG/GY

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: If you look at the original date of this thread we are coming up on 1 year. Significance? Time for an upgrade. Planned changes are adding a set of Pioneer TSD components to the front doors and powering then with a JBL Club 4 channel amp. According to a few tests i've read about, the existing Club subwoofer amp puts out about 640 watts RMS on a 2ohm load so we are changing over to a Kicker Solo Baric 10" L7 in a sealed box. While we're in there we are going to some sound deadening and color matched door handles! Already added an XS Power battery.