No CD player ??? What ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just picked up my 2016 SLT 1500 with all kinds of gidgy-whosists , 8 inch touchscreen , and get home after driving like a fat if d in a candy store only to find I have no CD player . Never even thought to ask, duh .

What are the options for a cheap-o like me who didn't know enough to ask the right questions ?

Thanks in advance.

Signed ,

Feel like a ******* in Ohio

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Did you look under the middle seat cushion? It is an option on the SLT, though, not standard..

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I looked high and low , no player . I'm out of touch I guess. Don't even have a cell phone anymore :) It has the bench seat which I wanted for the extra seating , didn't even know about the storage under it until today . I use my old cell.phone for a camera and it still picks up Wi-Fi , an Apple I4s I believe. Since retirement , technology has passed me by .

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2016 SLT 1500 with all kinds of gidgy-whosists , 8 inch touchscreen , and get home after driving like a fat if d in a candy store only to find I have no CD player . Never even thought to ask, duh .

What are the options for a cheap-o like me who didn't know enough to ask the right questions ?

Thanks in advance.

Signed ,

Feel like a ******* in Ohio

Here's what I had to do with all my CDs
- load them into my hard drive
- upload them to Google drive
- download them to my smart phone.
- use blue tooth to play them in my truck.

You may be able to find a Sony Diskman and use the audio jack to play them in your truck.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My sport has the cd "option" in my centre console. I kinda laughed when I saw cd was an option.

The wife's jeep renegade has no cd though

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wife has a 2915 Chrysler Town & Country , different radio but has a CD . I think I've USD it twice in a year. Have to set up the radio and just play around. Good thing I get Serius for free !

Guy who drives truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Express CC
Engine
"Hemi" 5.7
It blew my mind for the longest time about the lack of CD player... Seemingly when I picked my truck up, I was unaware the trend setter it turned me into! :) Now it seems they are simply beoming more and more obsolete.

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wife has a 2915 Chrysler Town & Country , different radio but has a CD . I think I've USD it twice in a year. Have to set up the radio and just play around. Good thing I get Serius for free !

I love the sport model , just couldn't afford it. They had one in dark blue , I drooled all.over the leather . Got my SLT 13 K off sticker as it was the oldest truck on the dealer lot so Chrysler gave more incentives . I was looking at a used 2913-14 model , couldn't pass this up. Even without the CD player :)

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
USB??????
Download tunes to pc with melodishop.com then slip them over to usb and done..
Music quality is not always the best if you like older stuff but the prices are awsome..The q/a section covers everything..

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Even the base model audio system has USB jack that will accept a USB stick.
Its located in the center console usually.
Do what I did.................
Get you a SanDisk USB "nub" size USB drive . I got on that is 64GB, was only 12 buxs. It only protrudes from the USB jack about a 1/4"; so it won't catch on anything. 64GB will hold 600 CDs worth of music in MP3 format. What do you want for $12 buxs huhmmm?
Make sure your disk format is FAT32.

Attachments

• 7117uThnZxL._SL1500_.jpg
    7117uThnZxL._SL1500_.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 82

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my truck and CD was an option, but I didn't take it. Even though I used the CD in my Jeep prior to this truck, I was happy it had an SD card slot to make it even easier.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah it would seem that CD's are becoming a thing of the past! I didn't ever have a need for a CD'S player on my 2014, which is why I didn't option one in. I didn't option one in on my 2016 either. It was rarely used on my 2011!

So much easier to plug your phone in or hook it up to bluetooth.

Even on my laptop, 2 years I've never needed to put a CD in. I download everything off the Web!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Since I'm retired , I'm technologically impaired. I used to work a lot with computers and loved new techno gadgets but I even tossed my cell phone upon leaving civilization for Crash and Burn Resurrection Ranch :) . Miss the GPS , computer broke almost two years ago now. If I can't upload to my Kindle , I'm screwed ! I do have a pencil with a sharp point in case of.power outages for math equations and notes .

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have an SD card slot? I found this the easiest thing for me, just copy my music from the computer to an SD card and plug it into the truck. Set it to Shuffle and I'm good for hours and hours of random music from only songs I like :)

It's easy enough to copy all your CD's to the computer first, then just pick the songs you want. So nice to be able to pick the couple of songs off certain CD's and not have to deal with the ones you didn't like.

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you have an SD card slot? I found this the easiest thing for me, just copy my music from the computer to an SD card and plug it into the truck. Set it to Shuffle and I'm good for hours and hours of random music from only songs I like :)

It's easy enough to copy all your CD's to the computer first, then just pick the songs you want. So nice to be able to pick the couple of songs off certain CD's and not have to deal with the ones you didn't like.

Pretty sure there is . Another good idea. May have to get the computer fixed :)

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm old school too and still like listening to a new CD on the way home from the store. After I bought my truck I actually picked a CD up to put it into the player and couldn't believe I couldn't find one. I've been looking on ebay and there's a plug and play unit with NAV blue tooth and a cd player for around $400. Not cheap but by the time you buy a cheaper CD player and have it installed so it looks factory, it'll probably cost close to tat aanyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007