ParkSense flips out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We drove off in a '17 Big Horn a few weeks ago - mostly like the thing (still miss my '07 TRX, but I'll get over it) - and we got our first snow last night. It was a measly little storm, maybe an inch.

On my way up the the gym last night, I was pulling up to a light. Not particularly close (6-7') behind the guy in front of me, and my ParkSense went bananas. Red/beeping, etc. Nothing was close to me. Pulled into the parking lot at the gym, drifting to find a space, went off again. Coming home, I stopped at a light, I was the only vehicle there. Went off again.

Now, my first thought was, ok, a little road slush got thrown up at the sensor (it was the far right front one) and it freaked out.

But hey, I live in CO...this is going to happen alot.

Wife says to chill - turn the thing off until/unless we're parking or really need it, but that seems like a PITA.

Let it slide, or take it in to see if I got a tweaked sensor?

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new truck! I believe you can adjust the distance, but don’t quote me. If it is freaking out like that hen I would take it back and have it looked at under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would just take it to the dealer. Though if snow is on the sensor I don't know how the system can know any better.

OP
OP
RaftingDave

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, but sheesh...there's going to be "a little snow on the sensor" pretty frequently, five or six months out of the year...it does that here.

Wonder if a shot of silicone on all the sensors would help.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine does the same, I just turn the front off when snowing.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wax them really good so snow slips off?

I would imagine it isn't only snow sticking to it. It is a radar type system, if the snow flakes are close enough to a sensor while falling, I can easily see the system thinking you are about to hit something.