Truck bogged out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julianlaizure45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just a question to see if anyone can help. I have a 2017 ram 2500 6.4 Hemi (p.o.s engine) and my check engine light came on and went off and when I stopped about a minute after that my truck bogged out. I hooked just a cheap OBD2 reader up and it say there is no code. Tried to start it again it starts but takes a few cranks but still Boggs out.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
have you considered the fuel pump. might be good place to start looking

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, starting off with a put down of something a fair number of us like to chat about here isn't going to get a lot of conversation going.

The engine is a solid unit, so let's start with if you have done any tuning, or made mechanical modifications. You appear to not have AlphaOBD so probably haven't changed any settings, but need to confirm.

Since you obviously have had problems in the past based on your love lost for the engine, can you provide any past experiences and the work conducted to resolve?

Get a good machine to check for codes, perhaps at a auto parts store. Also, did this issue start soon after a fill up? Could have gotten water in the fuel and engines hate that, isopropyl alcohol dry gas would get it out of that is the problem (mixes with water and burns it out, ethanol dry gas just separates water from gas but may not eliminate it).

OP
OP
J

julianlaizure45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have not done any mods it’s all how it came I have had no issue till today I did fill up 2 days before this has happened