Problem Urgent Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was connecting a Fortin EVO ALL in my 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman 2dr with roll up windows and manual locks with a key ignition. I could not get it to work so I disconnected it. Now my left rear tail/bake light does not work, my A/C compressor does not come on, the interior cab light does not work, and with the door open and insert key the (most anoying) dinger does not sound. Oh, and also the radio does not come on-at all. Help!

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry cant help BUT want to follow this one

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was connecting a Fortin EVO ALL in my 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman 2dr with roll up windows and manual locks with a key ignition. I could not get it to work so I disconnected it. Now my left rear tail/bake light does not work, my A/C compressor does not come on, the interior cab light does not work, and with the door open and insert key the (most anoying) dinger does not sound. Oh, and also the radio does not come on-at all. Help!

I have no idea what a Fortin EVO ALL is, or what it does, but the first step in solving any electrical malfunction would be to disconnect the battery. Your best bet is going to be leave it disconnected overnight and see if a hard reset fixes anything. If that doesn't work someone else may have some better advise or you may be looking a trip to the dealership.

On second thought, check your fuses too. Maybe you managed to blow a bunch of them.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The electronics in these new trucks scare me. I'd personally never try to tap into the truck with something aftermarket but that's just me.

You might try unhooking the device and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to do a "reboot". My truck has done some crazy things from time to time but cycling the key off then on usually puts things back to normal.

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Fortin EVO-ALL is a remote start and wireless door lock system. They are really decent and relatively easy to install, unless you do not have OEM keyless entry fobs! Ill figure it out. I did check the fuses and all look good but I will recheck them in morning. I also disconnected the battery completely so maybe a hard reset will do the trick too. If one fails, try try again!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will it work with manual locks??

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The electronics in these new trucks scare me. I'd personally never try to tap into the truck with something aftermarket but that's just me.

You might try unhooking the device and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to do a "reboot". My truck has done some crazy things from time to time but cycling the key off then on usually puts things back to normal.

It isn't as scary as you think once you understand the topology of the network. Basically, all actions are by commands sent over the CAN bus. Turn on headlamps, the switch can be discretely wired to the body controller or independent that forms a network message. Every message has a sender and receivers.

It is more difficult to learn and use the tools than it is to understand the electrical system. The automotive industry uses the tools from https://vector.com/

If your curious, look up CANdela (creates the diagnostics layer, PIDs, DIDs and DTCs), CANoe (bus analyzer and simulator), and CANalyzer (same as CANoe without simulation). I'm so glad I've retired from all that :)

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you must have hard wired and not used a t-harness?

Are you sure you 1. have the module programmed correctly for the correct truck? 2. are all your wires connected to the correct wires in the truck?

to the person above that asked if they work with manual locks, yes but it is still manual locks. basically in his case its to bypass any factory security. which i dont know what there is with a metal key.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
im assuming the fortin is similar to the DBALL and you have a t-harness installed on the ignition module? if so, i ran into a similar issue with the dball when i was programming the unit. simply disconnecting the DBALL put me in a similar situation. remove the t-harness and see if the problem goes away.